Creating opportunities for formation, connection and deepening relationships is part of the generous sharing of our time, appreciation and love for one another. Here are some ways to connect:
- Women’s Meditation and Study Group led by Fran Bean
- Men’s Saturday Morning Breakfast Group led by rector Gareth
- Connected Parenting led by Fran and Gareth
- Parenting Teens group led by Fran and Gareth
- St. Barnabas Book Group led by Lea Richardson
- REPAIR: Rivertowns Episcopal Parishes Action on Inclusion and Race led by Karl Weber
In the spirit of life-long learning and the deepening of our knowledge of the Christian faith, the rector offers the following weekly programming:
- “All Set for the Day:” A Study of the Gospel reading set for Sunday worship that day
- Wednesday Lunchtime Study Group: Bible-based short courses on Christian Faith
- Sunday Lunchtime Study Group: Bible-based short courses on Christian Faith
- Sunday Sermons: the rector is always happy to share a sermon with anyone who particularly wants to hear it again at home
We are a group of parents who lean on each other and learn from telling our stories, listening to Scripture and podcasts, writing, reading, and listening for God’s purpose in our families.
We begin our time together with a meal, followed by group reflection and prayer. While our children are occupied with a child care provider, We take time out on a Sunday evening to discuss themes such as what we struggle with and how we are listening to God’s purpose. We have focused on themes such as constructing a vision statement for family life, raising boys, forgiveness and reconciliation, to name a few.
We are a group of parents that meet concurrently with the youth group gathering at which our teens are present.
We focus on the joys and challenges of parenting teenagers and share our wisdom on best practices and strategies while reflecting on Scripture and the spiritual life. We often reflect on the same Scripture as the teens in order to spark conversation on the ride home and spiritual insights.
While St. B’s may not necessarily be your primary place for socializing it be the place where you are guaranteed to find good food and spiritual fellowship combined. Here are two new programs for you to find food for the soul.
- Bread and Banter Monthly Lunch for retirement age members led by Gareth
- A Monthly Community Supper with Spiritual Reflection led by Gareth and Fran
There’s a moment every Sunday when the Canterbury Choir’s beautiful singing elevates the Word and Sacrament to a transcendent place where the senses pick up the presence of the Holy in our midst.
- Canterbury Choir Sunday Music program led by Choirmaster and Minister of Music, Donald Butt
- Occasional and Seasonal Services that attract members of the wider community.
- Memorial and Funeral Services at which tremendous comfort is felt through Donald’s ministry of music to the bereaved